Sunday, October 30, 2011

One Hundred



Today is the one year anniversary of this blog! Coincidentally, this is also my 100th blog post! Pretty awesome, don't you think? Recently I've been writing a lot more blog posts, some seemingly for no particular reason, but the reason for this was to get to the number 100 by this day.

You must remember, however, that this was not my first blog. My first blogs were deleted by stupid and unreliable blog hosts, causing me to lose far too much data.

I have many plans yet for this blog. In the not-too-far future I plan on releasing more reviews, stories, interviews, etc. but also some new things as well. I have matured since I began, and I intend to use this to my advantage.

Though many consider me a geek, I am not without friends. I asked these friends of mine to ask me questions for my 100th blog post. Anything from questions about my writing to what video games I like to my favorite kind of snorkel! I got a lot of questions, of course, and here they are as follows.

---------

What is your favorite book?
The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster.

What is your favorite movie?
I love the Lord of the Rings and Jason Bourne trilogies, along with Cars and its sequel.

What is your favorite video game?
I would have to go with An Untitled Story.

What is your favorite band?
Theocracy! I also love Dream Theater, Symphony X, Within Temptation and Van Canto.

What motivates you most to fit in writing into your busy schedule?
Unfortunately, not much. Life is hard, and I really don't have all that much free time.

Do you feel that attending The Ragged Edge at your age will help you be a published writer sooner than your geriatric blue pals?
I don't know how many of readers will know what The Ragged Edge is, but yes, I think there is a possibility.

What is your biggest pet peeve?
Piercings. Earrings are alright, but just about anything else will get on my nerves. Very much so.

What's it like going to high school after being home schooled?
I'm not necessarily going to "high school." It's a private school, and it is very different. I'm still being taught by my mother, though, since she happens to be the founder/principal.

What do you miss most about being home schooled?
If I worked hard I could get all my work done in the morning! Then I'd have the entire afternoon free!

What do you miss least?
Hmm . . . that's a real thinker. I would say learning American Government, except I need to learn that again this year anyway.

What is your definition of a perfect day?
A day that I physically feel good. It happens a couple times each year.

If you could snap your fingers and own any book in the world . . . which one?
The Oceans Below by R.J. Horst. It's the book I've been working on for the past month or so, and I'm going to start writing it soon. I want to own it because that would mean it'd already be finished, and that would be awesome.

Who has inspired you most and why?
I have been very heavily inspired by many people in my life. My greatest inspirations are Dream Theater and Randy Alcorn. Other inspirations include Ted Dekker, Erin Healy, my brothers, and my favorite band, Theocracy. Above all, of course, is my savior, Elyon.

If you were a fictional character who would you be?
I wouldn't want to be one, because then I wouldn't exist.

What is your favorite food/snack/candy?
Well, considering I can't eat anything, I really don't know. I think I'll go with Runts.

What do you want to be remembered for most?
An author who got published. That's all I ask.

What is your favorite subject in school?
What else? Geometry!

Your least favorite subject?
Physical Science. I have to do it again, since I dropped out of it in 8th grade. In the 2nd semester I'll have to do American Government, though, so that may become my least favorite.

What would be your dream career if you couldn't be a writer?
Hahaha, you'll get a kick out of this one. Video game designer!

If you had a pen name what would you choose?
I'm considering going by R.J. Horst for all of my fantasy/science fiction novels, and then Reuben Horst for all of my modern day novels.

What was your favorite moment when attending The Ragged Edge?
There are too many to count. Perhaps it was meeting my best friends in the entire world.

Do you see yourself as a perfectionist?
Nowhere close.

Where did the name "Arkatox" come from?
That one is a long story. Here's the shortened version. A long time ago I started writing a Bionicle fanfic and I asked my friend for an awesome name to use for a character. He suggested Arkatox, and so I used it. Eventually it somehow become my most frequently-used online screen name. Yup, that's it. At least the shortened it.

Why is there an old guy staring at me?
Why don't you ask him? I'm sure he won't do anything to you as long as you're in a public place.

What's your favorite type of snorkel?
You . . . weren't actually supposed to ask that question. But since mentioned it, I think this snorkel looks pretty awesome.

Which is better: Australian accents or British accents?
British, of course!

What's your favorite European accent?
British, of course!

Which is better: handrawn animation or CGI?
CGI, of course!

What is your favorite instrument to listen to?
Voice and piano.

Do you enjoy your top hats purple, or pink?
No comment.

Have you ever started randomly dancing in the middle of the night?
Yes, on more than one occasion.

Which of the Smurfs is your favorite?
I know almost nothing about the Smurfs, unfortunately.

Have you ever been to the great country of Flabbania or met one of the rare, but famously potatoriffic, Flabbinese people?
No comment.

Of all the authors you read for the first time in the last year, which is your favorite?
Brandon Sanderson, for sure.

Who do you like better: Meriadoc Brandybuck or Peregrine Took?
I really don't know. They're both awesome.

Which is your favorite of the Istari and why?
Gandalf, because he has an awesome personality.

Narya, Nenya, or Vilya - which of the Elven rings of power would you prefer?
Stop with the Lord of the Rings questions!

Does this question have an answer?
No comment.

---------

Thanks everyone who took part in completely changing my life over the past year. I have no idea where I'd be without you guys! Thanks also to everyone who asked questions. In other words, the same people. ^.^

Love all you guys!

Reuben

1 comment:

  1. Why didn't you answer any of my questions? :'(
    oh well... Happy 100th, Rueben!

    ReplyDelete