Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Coming Soon: The Sanctuary by Ted Dekker

The Sanctuary was first announced in early 2011, under the working title "Meltdown". To those involved in Ted Dekker's Share the Love campaign, it was revealed that it is about the characters Danny Hansen and Renee Gilmore, meaning that it is a sequel to the recent Dekker thriller, The Priest's Graveyard. The initial release date was for September 2012, but it was pushed back to early 2013 with the announcement that Mortal and Sovereign (books two and three in The Books of Mortals trilogy) are both being released in 2012. However, just yesterday it was announced (along with the amazing cover image above) that The Sanctuary will, in fact, be released in October of this year. I don't know what that will do to sales, as Sovereign is being released in just September, but I am certainly looking forward to this novel.

6 comments:

  1. The cover looks so good! I have to get caught up with The Priest's Graveyard first though. I missed that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading Graveyard now. I have got to admit it is more difficult for me to become engrossed in it for some reason. Is it perhaps because the "hero" is so "anti-heroic" according to our societal/Judeo-Christian standards? I'm about half-way through, though, and I'm intrigued to see how this visiting nun is going to play out...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tearjerker, I too had a little trouble rooting for a hero I disagreed with, but the ending is so awesome you have to keep going.

    Also, I was part of the Share the Love campaign, but didn't hear about this till now? Was an email sent out? I didn't think there would be a sequel, so I'm intrigued to see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danny was an antihero. Like Jason Bourne, Carl Strople, etc.

    Tim, it was an early status on the Forest Guard page on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good point, Arkatox. And thanks for reminding me. I forgot about the Forest Guard page.

    ReplyDelete