Thursday, December 1, 2011

Cake Blogs

A cool feature with Blogspot blogs is that you can look up how readers found you or your blog posts: the exact URLs, the sites at which said URLs are location, or even words that people searched on Google on found you.

What I found particularly interesting was the fact that according to my records, since I started my blog in October 2010, six people found links to my blog by typing "cake blogs" into Google. I'm not lying; here's a screenshot:


What I found even more interesting was the fact that all six of those were in the past month, three of which in the past week. Eager to see what blog post people found by searching for dessert on Google, I searched "cake blogs" myself. Unfortunately, I found nothing. At the end of page 78, it stated:

In order to show you the most relevant results, we have omitted some entries very similar to the 780 already displayed.If you like, you can repeat the search with omitted results included.

Well, of course I clicked that button and started again with the omitted results. Aaaaaaand... they were the same. 100 pages, and no Reuben Horst's Blog. I was disappointed, but then came up with an idea.

Send this blog post to as many people as you can. I'm not doing this to get popularity, I'm doing to so I can get more hits by people who search for "cake blogs" on Google! If you can get as many people as you can to view this blog page, eventually it'll get onto Google for every person who searches for cake blogs! Come on, let's make this happen!

3 comments:

  1. Wait, how do you look at your search results like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! I love you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you, nutcake.

    I bet that you'd get more cake blog hits if you start appending 'cake' to the tags on your posts, but that'd be cheating.

    ReplyDelete